Attack of the Chickens

I am staying at a friends, house sitting while she's away, so I can look after her chickens and Shim Shae the cat.  The chickens are a little scarey, especially if you get up 2 minutes late to let them out.  Ruth was pecking at the hatch door when I went down this morning.  I opened the hatch and let them onto the garden, forgetting that I'd left the kitchen door open.  When I went to get the seed and pellets for them Ruth was in the house pecking away at the cat's bowl.  I tried not to panic and calmly went back outside with the seed and scattered it in the usual places.  Luckily Ruth heard and dashed outside.  I slammed the door shut and locked it for good measure.  I'm not sure if chickens can turn door handles but I wouldn't put anything past this lot.  What freaks me out the most is the way they stand at the back door, just staring. 

Question of the day: Why did the chicken cross the road? To terrorise the chicken sitter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Sew Mitred Square Blanket and the point of knitting!

Lyra Hat, for people with a BAHA hearing aid.

Crochet cord How To