Liebster Nomination from Yarn Lark

I'm touched to have been nominated for a Liebster Award by Catherine Graham-Evans of Yarn Lark.  I'm going to follow her example and answer her 11 questions, tell you 11 facts about myself and nominate a friends blog I like to read, when I have time.  I've pinched her quote about the Liebster Award if you want to know more about it and added it below.  Catherine nicked it from Dolly Bakes blog.

Catherine's Questions
1) What did you want to be when you grew up?
Indiana Jones
2) What is your biggest regret?
I have wishes, rather than regrets.  I wish I was better with money!
3) What has been your proudest moment?
Recently; watching my son learn to knit, as he has difficulty with fine motor skills.  You'd never know looking at his knitting skills!  And teaching my first button class (I burst into tears after everyone left.  My Gran would have been so proud)
4) What’s your favourite take-away food?
Does Wagamama's count?
5) Who would you have (past or present) at your fantasy dinner party?
My fantasy house is far to untidy for dinner parties, what with all the yarn and fibre and stuff.  
6) What is your favourite craft and why?
Knitting is my obsession but I think my favourite craft is actually button making.  I knit because I have to, I make buttons because I want to.
7) What is your secret crafting guilty pleasure?
Buying wool just to have it in my stash.  Apparently you are supposed to use it for something.
8) Where is your favourite holiday destination?
Orkney - yarn shop on every corner, archaeology coming out of it's ears, the people are lovely, the food is fantastic and it's the most beautiful place I've ever been.
9) What makes you laugh?
This page isn't big enough to do that question justice.  Recently, sock making with a very nice lady called Wendy Brown.
10) What is the best piece of advice you've ever received?
Just Do It (amazing what you can pick up from adverts isn't it!)
11) Who or what inspires you?
Landscape, the sea, colour, fibre, the sky, trees, nature, my Mum, other people....

OK, so 11 facts about myself.

1. I am incapable of watching Monty Python's Holy Grail without quoting most of it.
2. I learnt to knit when I was six year's old
3. I once served Simon Pegg at Stonehenge
4. I have a 2:1 degree in Archaeology
5. I am writing a book about the soldiers from Winchester who died or were killed during the First World  
    War called 'Debt of Hour: The Winchester War Dead
6. I'm terribly scared of lightening and volcano's 
7. I once tried to swim the English Channel to raise money for the Ileostomy Association, but was beaten by
    the cold (I did raise £2000 though)
8. I very badly want a pet dragon to ride on 
9. My favourite author is J.R.R. Tolkien
10. I hate courgettes
11. I have a sneaking fear of insanity, and sometimes wonder if I am

My friends blog is
http://stone-lord.blogspot.co.uk/  
She's a writer, as is brilliant.

My questions for her are
1. When did you first want to be a writer?
2. It's the end of the world, where would you be?
3. What do you do to wind down from writing?
4. Which TV character would you most like to meet? 
5. What type of music do you prefer?
6. Which skill do you most wish you had?
7. If you could do any job in the world what would it be?
8. What's the worst part of your day?
9. What's the best part of your day?
10. What piece of technology would you most like to own?
11. If you could only have one, which would it be, books or TV?

Thank you for reading, I'm off to knit some Fair Isle...



The origins of the Liebster Blog award are somewhat unclear but the general consensus is that it originated in Germany, Liebster meaning favourite or dearest, to showcase bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. Upon accepting the award the recipient can then pass it on to five more blogs of note. A way of introducing other bloggers to the blogs you enjoy.

Comments

  1. I loved reading your answers - I'm imagining a fantasy house with yarn over every surface now :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No Sew Mitred Square Blanket and the point of knitting!

Lyra Hat, for people with a BAHA hearing aid.

Crochet cord How To