Teaching spinning again

I had my third person to teach spinning to today.  Usually my Mum teaches spinning, as she has 40 years experience.  But I'm learning to teach spinning on very special people, who don't mind being practiced on or being passed on to Mum when I feel inadequate.  So today I taught Silka to spin, starting with carding and ending up with setting her own skein to take home.  She was brilliant.  Very focused, and with her listening ears on.  She picked it up really quickly, which is nice for both of us really.  Below are a few photos from the day.

spindle spinning

bit of a draw

on the wheel

getting the twist

first yarn on the wheel

finished skein

close up 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Sew Mitred Square Blanket and the point of knitting!

Lyra Hat, for people with a BAHA hearing aid.

Crochet cord How To