Walking is good but I must learn when to stop

I did the Sarcen Trail on Sunday.  This is a 26 mile hike organised and in support of The Wiltshire Wildlife Trust (www.wiltshirewildlife.org) from Avebury to Stonehenge.  I really enjoyed the first 11 miles (I'd like to add at this point that this is my third year of completing it) but my hip began to hurt after the first mile.  Of course, Meg my beloved dog died just after Christmas so I haven't been walking as much.  I guess doing the horses is not enough.  I stupidly decided that stubbornness would get me to Stonehenge, which it did, but I could barely walk yesterday and I'm still in a lot of pain today.  Next year I think I'll run instead, only the last 13 miles, and I have a year to train. 

Lesson of the day: You are allowed to tell yourself to stop.  It doesn't have to come from someone else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Sew Mitred Square Blanket and the point of knitting!

Lyra Hat, for people with a BAHA hearing aid.

Crochet cord How To