Chilling out with Artesano's Alpaca Heather

I'm writing a new book; my third.  This one is a knitting pattern book with 10 designs, all of which feature Dorset buttons.  I plan to have the first draft finished at the end of this year, which means getting the patterns written and samples made up in at least 2 sizes.  There will also be a lot of pattern testing to be done (and if you're interested in pattern testing for this book please get in touch).  I've nearly completed the first design, a cable hooded cardigan in Malabrigo Rio Jupiter.

    

I was feeling great about this design.  The pattern is working out well.  The yarn is knitting up as I'd envisioned.  The cable sits well where I want it and I've taught myself how to knit a border along the side.  All was going swimmingly until I hit the button holes.  Normally I'm good at button holes but this time I could not get them to look how I wanted.  Pattern writers block hit big style.  After struggling for days I decided a break was in order.



Artesano have recently launched a DK version of their gorgeous Artesano Aran, an alpaca/wool mix.  It's a lovely soft and warm yarn with a nice halo and good stitch definition.  They have released several new patterns to support the range including Riseley by designer Anniken Allis, which I'm now knitting in an effort to break my writers block.  I'm enjoying knitting this simple cardigan so much I thought I'd share the love.

The PDF pattern link is below for anyone wanting to knit it.

Riseley Cardigan by anniken Allis

Comments

  1. Lovely pattern and colours of yarn. That alpaca
    wool is amazing!!!
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign. alpaca socks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No Sew Mitred Square Blanket and the point of knitting!

Lyra Hat, for people with a BAHA hearing aid.

Crochet cord How To