The Button Tin Gran

I have an enormous lot of buttons in the shop at the moment.  I'm sorting them into bags to be sold.  This has become a fascination to me, but it was only today I worked out why.  It takes me back to my childhood.  My Gran had two tins full of buttons.  My brother and I, well mainly me, used to spend hours sorting them and playing with them.  We never actually made anything out of them.  We'd sort them into piles, or group them together in colours and sizes and the ones we liked, and the ones we didn't.  So I was talking to Elaine this afternoon, and I looked over and there she was, playing with the buttons.  And she told me that when she was a girl her Gran had a tin full of buttons, which she would spend hours playing with.  It would be interesting to see how many of us crafty types had Gran's with button tins!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Sew Mitred Square Blanket and the point of knitting!

Lyra Hat, for people with a BAHA hearing aid.

Crochet cord How To