Ostomy lifestyle fashion show and shop now open

So much has happened this week and I melted my computer on Friday so I haven't been able to write about it.  I've borrowed my hubby's computer for this post.  I bought a new one (laptop not hubby) but a very nice man has it so he can add the stuff from my old laptop to the new one (I hope). 
On Wednesday I was in Birmingham for the Ostomy Lifestyle Fashion show, as a model.  I got to parade up and down the catwalk in someone else's underwear to promote positive living for people with stomas.  Mavis (my stoma) was very well behaved and I met a bunch of brave, fabulous, incredible people who have all been through terrible times, and manage to keep smiling.  I laughed lots, got very nervous and spent the whole evening on a high (and my hair was amazing)!
On Saturday we had the grand opening for the shop, where I met another bunch of lovely people, some of whom stayed and knitted with us, or tried out our giant needles, and ate the mini cakes we'd provided, and drank our homemade mulled wine.  Mum spent most of the day spinning the Gotland fleece given to us by Jane (who I think is going to become a great friend, along with her gorgeous sheep) into wonderful silky silver wool which I can't wait to knit.  Sunday was a great success as well, as we managed to get rid of the rest of the cakes, bar the few I took home.  I can't wait to go back to work on Wednesday.  Photos to follow when I have my new laptop back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Sew Mitred Square Blanket and the point of knitting!

Lyra Hat, for people with a BAHA hearing aid.

Crochet cord How To